|EIS status||Recommended project proceed subject to conditions and recommendations|
|Description||Duplication of the existing terminal infrastructure, which will double the Port of Abbot Point's capacity from 25 million tonnes per annum to 50 mtpa.|
|Proponent||Ports Corporation of Queensland Limited|
|Location/s||Port of Abbot Point, 25 km north-west of Bowen. Map|
|Local government/s||Whitsunday Regional Council|
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Key environmental impact statement (EIS) documents
- Coordinator-General's report on EIS ( 1.42 MB), August 2007
- Supplementary EIS, December 2006
- Environmental impact statement, March 2006
- Terms of reference for EIS ( 1.56 MB), October 2005
- Initial advice statement ( 2.79 MB), April 2005
Australian Government approval
Commonwealth Minister for the Environment's approval of 'controlled action', subject to conditions.