|EIS status||Recommended project proceed subject to conditions and recommendations|
|Description||Open-cut mine producing 10-15 million tonnes per annum of thermal coal; and associated infrastructure.|
|Proponent||Clermont Coal Joint Venture, which comprises Queensland Coal Pty Limited (50.1% interest), Mitsubishi Development Pty Limited (34.9%) and EPDC Australia Pty Limited (15%).|
|Project Manager||Rio Tinto Coal Australia Pty Ltd|
|Location/s||10 km north-west of Clermont and 234 km south-west of Mackay. Map|
|Local government/s||Isaac Regional Council|
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Key environmental impact statement (EIS) documents
- Coordinator-General's report on EIS ( 1.19 MB), June 2005
- Supplementary EIS ( 6.54 MB), January 2005
- Environmental impact statement, July 2004
- Executive summary ( 142 KB)
- Complete EIS available at State Library Queensland (record number: 643073)
- Terms of reference for EIS ( 194 KB), December 2003
- Initial advice statement ( 956 KB), August 2003.
Australian Government approval
Commonwealth Minister for the Environment's approval of controlled action, subject to conditions.
For more information, visit Rio Tinto's Clermont Mine web page.