||47 kilometre single-track dual-gauge freight railway
||Australian Rail Track Corporation Ltd
||Helidon to Calvert through the Little Liverpool Range. Map
- Ipswich City Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- 47 kilometre single-track dual-gauge freight rail line to accommodate double stack freight trains up to 1800 metres long
- a 1.1 kilometre tunnel through the Little Liverpool Range
- construction of rail infrastructure, culverts, bridges, viaducts and crossing loops
- connection to the existing West Moreton Railway Line
- ancillary works including road and public utility crossings and realignments
- 1800 (construction)
- TBA (operational)
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Environmental impact statement (EIS) process
||Draft terms of reference for EIS being prepared.
|17 March 2017
||The delegate for the Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Energy decided the project is a 'controlled action'.
|16 March 2017
||Gazettal ( 240 KB) of ‘coordinated project’ declaration.
|15 February 2017
||Application, including initial advice statement ( 22.4 MB), submitted.
|10 February 2017
||Project referred to Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Energy
Read more about the EIS process.