||Large-scale, greenfield metallurgical coal mine with a yield of up to 14 million tonnes per annum of coking coal for steel production.
||Pembroke Resources South Pty Ltd.
||Approximately 40 kilometres south-east of Moranbah. Map
Isaac Regional Council.
- open cut coal mine
- coal handling and preparation plant
- 18 km rail spur and on site rail loop
- raw water pipeline connecting to the Eungella pipeline network
- private access roads
- electricity transmission line
||2025 – construction phase
- 500-700 (construction)
- 960 (operational)
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Environmental impact statement (EIS) process
||Draft terms of reference for EIS being prepared.
|17 February 2017
||Gazettal ( 239 KB) of ‘coordinated project’ declaration.
|24 January 2017
||Project referred to Commonwealth Minister for the Environment.
|20 January 2017
||Application, including initial advice statement ( 6.4 MB) , submitted.
Read more about the EIS process.