||Impact assessment report (IAR) active
||Proposal to upgrade the Six Mile Creek Dam to meet modern safety standards
||Seqwater (Queensland Bulk Water Supply Authority)
||Lake Macdonald, approximately 4km from Cooroy in Noosa Shire Map
||Noosa Shire Council
- staged and temporary lowering of the dam’s water level
- construction of a temporary sheet pile coffer dam
- decommissioning and demolition of the existing spillway and embankments
- construction of a temporary concrete batching plant
- construction of the replacement spillway in the current dam footprint with new structure built to modern safety standards with the same capacity and area
- reconstruction of the right and left embankments
- construction of an auxiliary dam, to prevent flood water discharging from the lake along Collwood Road.
Up to 110 (construction)
||Draft IAR and submissions being assessed.
|11 February 2019 to 11 March 2019
||Draft IAR submission period - read the Draft IAR.
|22 December 2017
||Gazettal ( 250 KB) of ‘coordinated project’ declaration.
|6 December 2017
||A delegate of the former Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Energy decided the project is a ‘controlled action’.
|18 October 2017
||Project referred to the former Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Energy.
|15 September 2017
||Application, including initial advice statement ( 3.2 MB), submitted.
Read more about the IAR process.
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.