The Gladstone SDA is perfectly positioned to meet the needs of large scale projects as evidenced by the major industries that are established within the SDA. The Gladstone SDA is currently home to:
- Rio Tinto (formerly Comalco) alumina refinery
- Orica chemical manufacturing complex
- Transpacific Industries waste management and recycling facility
- Australia Pacific LNG
- Santos Gladstone LNG
- Queensland Curtis LNG
- Southern Oil's northern oil refinery.
In addition, the extensive list of types of business, industry and infrastructure below highlights the diverse range of industrial developments the Gladstone SDA is ready to accommodate:
- large-scale, large-footprint industrial development
- industrial development requiring access to strategic port logistics and maritime facilities
- port-related activities
- liquefied natural gas processing, storage and export facilities
- industries to support major industrial development
- materials transportation infrastructure and utility and service infrastructure
- gas transportation infrastructure and other compatible infrastructure.