Project attraction and facilitation is part of the department's charter to drive Queensland's economic development.
To assist business and industry proponents, we provide professional support and advice, including coordinated case management support.
Services provided for projects accepted for case management support include:
- streamlining of approvals and access to Queensland Government contacts
- negotiating and identifying resources and links across Queensland Government agencies to overcome obstacles
- identifying opportunities to progress projects such as approval pathways, resource availability, site selection and access to economic data and business tools
- facilitating introductions with local companies and service providers
- liaison across government about projects and its contribution to Queensland's economic development
- providing support, advice and assistance to attract new project investment and facilitating investment to support major projects
- supporting engagement by companies with Queensland communities, local governments and landholders
- providing site specific assistance and a range of other services including cultural heritage and native title matters.
We also provide case management support to projects that:
- will make a significant contribution to the Queensland economy through economic growth, exports, employment and infrastructure provision
- require multiple approvals and active facilitation across governments and stakeholders
- are complex or sensitive
- respond to a recognised regional need.
By providing a 'one-stop-shop' case managers can:
- address issues that may inhibit a project's establishment or expansion
- ensure a coordinated approach, and
- provide a diverse suite of skills and experience to assist clients.
For more information:
- Contact the Case Management Support team.
To nominate a project for case management:
- Please submit a request for support form.