- Council: Gladstone Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Water/Sewerage/Waste Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Upgrades to an ageing sewage pump station in Gladstone will renew and extend the life of the facility, as well as satisfying current best practice environmental standards.
The project will:
- upgrade the 45-year-old A01 sewage pump station
- improve pumping capacity
- renew the condition of the facility to extend its life for another 45 years.
The A01 is critical infrastructure delivering wastewater from homes and businesses to Gladstone’s main wastewater treatment plant.
The upgrade will meet projected growth within the catchment and satisfy environmental standards by including an offsite emergency storage facility, odour control measures, and will raise critical assets above flood levels.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.