- Council: Hinchinbrook Shire Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Social Infrastructure
- Round: 2
The safety of Ingham’s pedestrians and cyclists, including the ageing community will be improved with better accessibility and connectivity through shared reinforced concrete footpaths throughout the township.
The project will provide a 2.5m-wide, 3.3km-long fibre-reinforced concrete shared footpath. It includes (but not limited to):
- relocation of existing services
- sign installation at each new section of shared footpath indicating commencement of footpath and end of cycle lane
- construction of pedestrian crossings for ease of access for mobility scooters
- installation of pedestrian refuges for mitigating risks at railroad crossings.
The wider footpaths cater for people with mobility concerns, connect people to services, and improves liveability.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital work program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project.