- Council: Livingstone Shire Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Cultural, Sports and Recreational Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Emu Park Village and Foreshore Revitalisation will provide amenities and tourism facilities, making it a drawcard that reinvigorates the local economy.
The project will undertake works that improve amenities and facilities, including better pedestrian connectivity and road network functionality. Through place-making urban design the improvements will transform Kerr, Kele and Peace parks into safe pedestrian friendly zones and link recreational and retail zones within Emu Park. The project follows on from $2.5 million in works already underway.
This project will support economic development and employment opportunities by delivering:
- integrated pedestrian linkages
- quality destination streetscaping, landscaping and art display
- additional parking areas
- enhanced recreational and cultural experience.
The project will be a catalyst for private sector investment that bolsters the village centre and provide opportunities for Emu Park.
Total project cost
Funding (Bendigo Bank)
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital work program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project.