- Council: Livingstone Shire Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Water/Sewerage/Waste Infrastructure
- Round: 2
An upgrade to the Yeppoon Sewage Treatment Plant will meet the needs of future growth in the area, as well as supporting the Queensland Government’s Reef 2050 Plan by delivering water quality outcomes and enhanced recycling.
This project converts the existing plant – expected to reach capacity in 2017 – to a membrane bioreactor plant and will:
- install nanofiltration membrane units within the tertiary filter tanks to remove colour, organics, pesticides, metallic molecules and bacteria
- increase capacity from the current 21,000 equivalent persons (EP) to 31,000EP
- allow for a second stage to be added later, dependent on growth and need.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.