- Council: Mackay Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Social Infrastructure
- Round: 2
A new equestrian precinct, grandstand seating and commercial kitchens will expand the community and commercial uses of the existing Mackay Showgrounds.
This project will deliver construction of:
- a new indoor equestrian precinct including undercover arena with shredded rubber surface (76m x 40m); 40 relocatable stables; four wash bays; mezzanine floor with multi-use rooms; tiered spectator seating for 300 people; electrical/water upgrades; lighting; internal entrance roads; parking areas; fencing; permanent shade sails; waste dump facilities; first aid and vet/swabbing rooms; and amenities block
- three new commercial kitchens (one with cold room) capable of catering for large community and private events
- new covered grandstand seating, including enclosed area underneath for storage and rental space
- removal and relocation of the existing 450mm water main that runs the length of the project site.
Once complete, the project will allow Mackay to host large-scale equestrian events and will be a prospective venue for dog, car, boat and cattle shows, bringing more people to region and supporting local businesses.
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.