- Council: Rockhampton Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Cultural, Sports and Recreational Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Improvements at the First Turkey Mountain Bike Reserve have reinforced its place as one of the top competition-quality mountain bike facilities in Central Queensland.
The project completed the remaining elements of the First Turkey Mountain Bike Trails by constructing:
- mountain bike trails
- a composting toilet
- outdoor learning centre
- bike competition event staging area
- a causeway across Moores Creek for emergency services access
This sporting facility enhances outdoor recreational opportunities for Rockhampton residents and improves visitor facilities for the adjacent Mount Archer National Park. This is a recreational asset for the region and a significant tourist attraction, hosting local, regional and state level competitions.
The mountain bike trails are fully integrated with the national park trail network and are also suitable for running and hiking, maximising the use of both areas.
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.