- Council: Rockhampton Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Economic Development Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Rockhampton is embracing the digital economy by installing smart technologies to attract people to the river bank day and night, and creating a working hub that will draw entrepreneurs into the CBD.
Leveraging the National Broadband Network rollout in the region and emerging wave of smart technologies, the project has been developed to better manage council infrastructure, provide a vibrant and attractive space for business investment and events and recreate an attractive, safe and interesting city centre for the community and visitors. The project includes:
- dimmable LED lighting
- smart CCTV cameras
- Wi-fi access points for free, fast and reliable wireless connectivity to the internet
- digital banners displaying civic and promotional messaging
- wayfinding lights
- integrated speaker systems
- façade lighting
- smart parking
- duress buttons on selected poles
- ground mounted interactive banners and more.
The smart working hub offers a strong opportunity for economic growth, jobs and improved liveability.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.