- Council: Rockhampton Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Economic Development Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Rockhampton will be embracing the digital economy by creating a smart technologies and working hub, attracting people to the riverbank and CBD day and night.
Leveraging the National Broadband Network rollout in the region and emerging wave of smart technologies, the project has been developed to better manage council infrastructure, promote business investment and recreate an attractive, safe and interesting city centre. The project will provide:
- a smart working hub to grow the digital economy
- wi-fi 'mesh' to provide free internet access in the CBD/riverfront
- smart poles with motion sensors, CCTV and LED lighting to improve people's experience and reduce crime
- smart parking sensors to optimise parking opportunities
- digital signage to provide a modern platform for disaster, civic, tourism and event messaging.
The smart working hub offers a strong opportunity for economic growth, jobs and improved liveability.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital work program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project.