- Council: Tablelands Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Water/Sewerage/Waste Infrastructure
- Round: 2
A new reservoir, trunk water main and pipelines will improve capacity and distribution of Herberton’s water supply.
The project will provide:
- a new 3.4ML reservoir
- more capacity to store water from the Wild River Dam
- more effective delivery of water to Herberton’s reticulation network
- a new trunk water main will transport water from the dam to the new reservoir and reticulation network
- new pipelines will upgrade the existing aged network
- relocation of the existing chlorination dosing stations to treat water exiting the reservoir prior to entering the distribution network.
The project will deliver a more economic and environmentally sustainable gravity-fed system with no pumping of bulk water. The upgraded facility will hold enough water to meet three days demand and provide water at sufficient pressure to meet fire-fighting guidelines.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.