- Council: Toowoomba Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Economic Development Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Repair and refurbishment of the historic Toowoomba Railway Goods Shed will create a commercial and cultural focal point for the community – a place for markets, functions and events, and cultural activities such as artists in residence.
The project will deliver:
- refurbished goods shed
- main vehicles entry
- new water/fire mains
- vegetation clearing in Gowrie Creek.
The Toowoomba Railway Goods Shed is almost 120 years old and a link to the city’s historic economic prosperity. Once complete the project will provide a first-class flexible space for a multitude of commercial and community uses that will benefit residents and visitors alike.
The goods shed refurbishment is part of a broader $50 million Railway Parkland project, and will catalyse development in the area by supporting small businesses, direct and indirect jobs, and private investment.
Ultimately the Toowoomba Railway Parkland Priority Development Area will deliver 1200-1500 new dwellings worth $680 million and support an estimated 3000 jobs over 20 years.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.