- Council: Toowoomba Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Economic Development Infrastructure
- Round: 2
The northern precinct of Toowoomba Enterprise Hub will gain an integrated transport, stormwater and utilities corridor, providing industrial land that will support the region’s strong economic growth from resources and major projects.
The works will service the 529ha northern precinct of the Toowoomba Enterprise Hub and include:
- upgrading 1.7km of Nass Road to provide access for multi-combination vehicles and increase connectivity for the northern precinct to transport networks
- constructing 4.7km of trunk water mains along Wirth and Nass roads from the Toowoomba Cecil Plains Road to the Toowoomba Oakey Pipeline at the most northern end of Nass Road
- building a stormwater detention basin using the upgraded Nass Road as the principle wall to the detention basin for the Charlton North Stormwater Catchment
- construction of the principal wall for a detention basin for the Charlton North stormwater catchment as part of the embankment of Nass Road.
The project will capitalise on growth and further advance Toowoomba’s economic growth by providing an infrastructure corridor that supplies water, improved transport connectivity, and stormwater management and flood mitigation that enables development to meet the growing demand for industrial space.
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.