- Council: Bundaberg Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Cultural, Sports and Recreational Infrastructure
- Round: 1
Residents of Bundaberg and surrounds will have no excuses not to get fit and have fun when the Police Citizens Youth Club (PCYC) offers a wide range of activities, youth programs, school-age care and gym/fitness options at the purpose-built centre.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
- This project created employment opportunities for local contractors, including civil engineers, electricians, plumbers and steel fabricators.
- It will also create new PCYC positions including sport and recreation coaches, youth workers, and school-age care and hospitality staff.
- The centre will help accelerate development of the planned knowledge, sport and recreation precinct proposed for the old showgrounds site.
- The centre, on the site of the former showgrounds, is easily accessible to patrons of the civic centre and TAFE and high school students.
- It provides a fun range of social and health benefits for all ages.
- The purpose-built evacuation centre addresses the learnings from 2013's Cyclone Oswald by consolidating disaster management and evacuation services, increasing capacity to house additional evacuees, and enabling more efficient management at one central facility.
- The environmental footprint is being reduced by retaining trees and through features including onsite water re-use, ventilation rather than air-conditioning, and energy-efficient lighting.
- Three-court sports hall, gymnastics hall, weight and cardio exercise area and group fitness area
- Community meeting rooms
- Kitchen and canteen facilities.
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.