- Council: Douglas Shire Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Social Infrastructure
- Round: 1
The groundwork is being put in place for the much-needed aged-care facilities in Mossman with the delivery of enabling infrastructure.
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
- By delivering the roadworks, sewerage and drainage expansion, headworks and electrical sub-station, this project means the 42-bed aged care facility will be available sooner for residents of Mossman and surrounding communities.
- This project is expected to support the delivery of around 25 ongoing health and hospitality jobs.
- Building our Regions funding has supported the donation of the land from the council to the Salvation Army.
- This project is supporting the Salvation Army deliver a vital service and high-level health care to the aging population of Mossman and the Far North, allowing residents to stay in their community and remain connected with family and friends.
- Flood mitigation works will be undertaken to manage the impact up to a one-in-100-year event.
- Road works.
- Sewerage and drainage.
- Headworks and substation.
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.