- Council: Tablelands Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Water/Sewerage/Waste Infrastructure
- Round: 1
Replacing the treatment plant built in the 1960s will increase capacity to cater for growth and improve the quality of effluent discharged into North Cedar Creek, improving the water supply for residents downstream.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
- Without the Building our Regions grant, council would have been unable to fund this vital upgrade to provide Ravenshoe residents with a facility that meets best practice guidelines without placing a long-term burden on ratepayers.
- Council is catering for future growth and economic development by replacing a facility that can treat 500kL/day of sewerage and service 1060 people with one that can treat up to 650kL/day and service around 1460 people, based on a 1.61% annual population growth rate to the year 2035.
- Council operators will be upskilled to manage and operate the new facility, broadening their expertise to bring them in line with other operators across the shire.
- This tender is subject to council’s local content policy which provides incentives to engage contractors within the council area.
- Safe and reliable waste water treatment to avoid potential health and amenity issues.
- The new plant will be built above flood level to prevent overflows into the water catchment during significant weather events.
- Reducing the levels of nitrogen, phosphorous, ammonia and suspended solids will improve the quality of effluent discharged into North Cedar Creek, resulting in improved water supply to residents of Millstream North and South 10km downstream.
- New reactor tank.
- New chemical dosing facilities – sodium hypochlorite (chlorine) and alum.
- New filtration system.
- New control building, site office and laboratory.
- Upgrade of existing power supply and provision of back-up supply.
- Improved vehicle access within site.
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.