- Council: Balonne Shire Council
- Fund: Remote and Indigenous Communities Fund
- Category: Flood Mitigation Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Improvements to St George stormwater drainage infrastructure will make the drainage system more efficient and better protect the town from flooding.
The project will install:
- kerb and channelling along 400m of Murchison Street (between St George's Terrace and Victoria Street)
- a stormwater drainage pipe
- a headwall and rock protection at the discharge site at the Balonne River
- sediment control devices and flood gates in Murchison Street.
Being a stormwater channel point for a number of nearby streets, improvements to drainage infrastructure in Murchison Street will improve the stormwater drainage efficiency of a large sector of St George.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.