- Council: Balonne Shire Council
- Fund: Remote and Indigenous Communities Fund
- Category: Flood Mitigation Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Improved stormwater channelling and drainage will reduce flooding in times of heavy rain when works are undertaken at Andrew Street, St George.
The project will:
- install 960m of kerb and channelling in Andrew Street
- apply a bitumen seal between the existing road and new kerb and channel
- direct stormwater into other nearby stormwater structures to prevent water pooling.
Improved drainage will protect residents from flooding and reduce damage to properties, reduce pooling of waters which breeds mosquitoes, and improve access to properties.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.