- Council: Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council
- Fund: Remote and Indigenous Communities Fund
- Category: Economic Development Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Cherbourg Material Recovery Facility will have six times its current capacity and be able to handle up to 1500 tonnes of waste in a safer, more environmentally friendly way.
The project includes:
- a new shed to house the waste-processing machinery
- installing hoppers for the public to deposit recyclable waste
- new feed conveyors and work platforms, and electricity supply
- constructing a cement apron along the front of the sheds.
Annual production is currently 250 tonnes.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.