- Council: Mapoon Aboriginal Shire Council
- Fund: Remote and Indigenous Communities Fund
- Category: Cultural, Sports and Recreational Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Mapoon will promote a healthy lifestyle and gain a new fitness centre through an upgrade of the existing 20-year-old sport and recreation hall.
The fitness centre will make an important contribution to the health and wellbeing of the local community, with 10% of Mapoon’s population suffering from diabetes.
This project will deliver:
- an electrical upgrade of existing hall to provide suitable lighting and fans
- a 120m2 (15m x 8m) extension to the existing hall to provide a new gym and fitness facilities.
This project will support the PCYC to provide yoga, weightlifting, pilates and cardio fitness opportunities to the community.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.