- Council: Mornington Shire Council
- Fund: Remote and Indigenous Communities Fund
- Category: Social Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Mornington will have new maritime fuel storage and delivery systems to meet relevant safety and environmental standards for the 4000 marine vessels operating in the Gulf of Carpentaria.
The only marine fuel station in the Wellesley Island Group (22 islands), the project is essential for allowing operation of the barge bringing food, materials and supplies from the mainland.
This project will deliver:
- new fuel pumps and lines
- fuel holding tanks
- mandatory upgrades to ensure public and environmental safety.
It is part of a staged upgrade of the jetty and marine precinct—a redevelopment that will encourage ecotourism and indirectly increase demand for services such as fishing supplies and cafes.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.