- Council: Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council
- Fund: Remote Communities Infrastructure Fund
- Category: Economic Development Infrastructure
- Round: Supplementary
Continued improvements to the Cherbourg Material Recycling Facility will:
- upgrade existing production line equipment to improve reliability
- increase annual product output from 1000 tonnes to 3000 tonnes
- improve line processing efficiency, safety, and bottom line profitability.
The project will install an automatic paper and cardboard sorting machine and bins, over-belt magnet separator, conveyors and protective guards. The existing shed frame will also be cladded.
Stage 2 builds on the Cherbourg Material Recovery Facility Upgrade approved under Round 2 of the Building our Regions program.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.