- Council: Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council
- Fund: Remote and Indigenous Communities Fund
- Category: Economic Development Infrastructure
- Round: Supplementary
Bamaga will have its first industrial estate, providing commercial industries with an area where they can operate away from residential areas and ensuring the wellbeing and safety of residents.
This project will fund the necessary infrastructure to support establishment of the industrial estate. Works include providing:
- water services, sewage reticulation
- earthworks, drainage and kerbing, erosion and sediment control
- unbound pavements, bituminous surfacing, road furniture
The proposed nine-block industrial estate will alleviate the current land-use conflicts in Bamaga by separating industrial and residential areas.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.