- Council: Mount Isa City Council
- Fund: Royalties for Resource Producing Communities Fund
- Category: Cultural, Sports and Recreational Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Upgrades to the Mount Isa Civic Centre and Library will allow these vital community facilities to continue to provide a library for local residents and visitors and a civic centre for major events ensuring the 40-year-old complex continues to accommodate the Mount Isa events and tourism venues group.
This project will:
- undertake a complete service and check of the existing heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system
- replace the HVAC systems in the library and civic centre
- replace all auxiliary systems, including ducting and exhaust fans, and supply fans and associated wiring
- install a new ducted system to the currently unused upper floor.
These works will ensure that the civic complex can be appropriately temperature-controlled each day of the year.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Read more about the benefits the Mount Isa Civic Centre and Library Upgrade ( 200 KB) is delivering.
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.