Staff from successful innovator, Highpoint Access and Rescue (L-R) Lucas Zielke and Blake Stringer join Minister Lynham at a demonstration of the integrated light-camera system (CASSI) for confined spaces at their training facility in Rockhampton.
Ten Queensland innovators have been selected to be part of a 2017 Business Mentoring for Innovation Program with the Department of State Development’s Engineering, Construction and Resources Innovation Hub.
The program helps innovative products to get off the drawing board and into the marketplace to support growth and jobs.
The first stage includes business analysis and fact finding workshops, research and market analysis, strategies, identifying anticipated outcomes and opportunities across industries, geographies, markets and clients and documenting the next steps to commercialise innovations.
Four participants will advance to a second, more intensive stage focusing on developing industry partnerships and achieving longer-term outcomes.
When participants finish the program later in 2017 they will have important market insights and the information and direction required to get their product to market.
Successful applicants and their innovations include:
- Scout Aerial Media & Surveying Pty Ltd—aerial sensor for gas detection and sampling
- Q-Cool Pty Ltd—revolutionary re-engineered air conditioning solution
- Strusol Pty Ltd—cost saving building system utilising pre-cast concrete construction
- Red Button Group—real-time performance management and data collection system for productive mining assets
- George’s Loader Hire Pty Ltd— electronically controlled height detection system for heavy machinery
- kkooee.com—global crowd sourcing marketplace for engineering services
- WMMC Pty Ltd—robotic scanner for marine infrastructure
- Highpoint Access and Rescue—integrated light-camera to be used in rescue situations and confined spaces
- Aluminium Balustrades North Coast Pty Ltd—highly efficient frameless modular balustrade system
- CadTech Australia Pty Ltd—new drawing document management platform
To find out more visit our website.