The Queensland Procurement Policy is the government's overarching policy for the procurement of goods and services, including construction.
Designed to deliver excellence in procurement outcomes for Queenslanders, the policy commits us to six principles of government procurement. The primary principle of the policy is to drive value for money in our procurement.
The department's corporate procurement function works collaboratively across the organisation in support of our core business outcomes. The department's key procurement objectives are to:
- drive value for money in our procurement
- act as 'one government', working together across agency boundaries to achieve savings and benefits
- be leaders in procurement practice - we understand our needs, the market, our suppliers and have the capability to deliver better outcomes
- use our procurement to advise the government's economic, environmental and social objectives and support the long-term wellbeing of our community
- have the confidence of stakeholders and the community in the government's management of procurement
- undertake procurement with integrity, ensuring accountability for outcomes.
Tenders and contracts
We procure a diverse range of goods and services, which are sourced through a variety of methods:
- Public invitation to offer (complex tendering) is managed and publicly advertised using the whole-of-government QTenders (eTender) system.
- select tender in accordance with departmental thresholds
- use of existing whole-of-government, interagency or the department's standing offer arrangements.
Existing or whole-of-government standing offer arrangements
Queensland Government agencies have available for use a range of whole-of-government or lead agency arrangements.
Current whole-of-government arrangements may be viewed at the Queensland Contracts Directory.
Standard conditions of offer and contract
The Queensland Government terms and conditions are issued for use by budget-sector agencies but can also be used by government-owned corporations, statutory bodies, approved non-government organisations and other government bodies.
All enquiries regarding the department's tenders and contracts can be directed to the department.