The Worker Transition Scheme and rapid response provides a suite of information and support services to workers who may find themselves without work as a result of business closures or redundancy programs.
The department leads the Queensland Government’s response, coordinating rapid response throughout Queensland. We provide assistance under the scheme, including:
- engaging with administrators to offer worker transition scheme assistance
- coordinating assistance from government departments
- monitoring progress on payment of all entitlements
- where possible, assisting retrenched workers on where they might find new employment and advising of government training schemes if new skills are required for their next job
- assisting businesses affected by changes in the supply chain.
Support is available whether you need assistance with finance, job seeking or training and career information.
For help in accessing the appropriate service call 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
Centrelink Employment Services and Job Network 13 28 50
Jobactive 1800 805 260
The following links provide further information on available support from government and other agencies: